Jewelery is one of our most intimate and cherished accessories. Understanding how to take care of them, can make a world of difference! Here are some tips:
- Avoid washing your hands or showering with them on.
- Avoid the contact with household cleaning products (bleach, detergents ...) or cosmetic products (lacquer, creams ...).
- Keep in mind that your skin's pH can also alter the color of your jewelry.
- Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold plated jewelry.
- Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated jewelry.
Store your jewelry in a cool and dry place, to avoid oxidation.
Do not expose them to corrosive agents such as chlorine, sweat, perfume or salinity for a long time.
Avoid direct exposure to artificial light or sunlight for long periods, as well as sudden changes in temperature.
Remove your jewellery before exercising.
To avoid scratches, wrap your jewelry in a soft cloth bag (like Creu's packaging) or keep it in a jewelry box separate from other types of jewelry you have.
Clean your jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. If your jewelry needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your jewelry tarnish more quickly.
Proper caring and maintenance is necessary for any fine jewelry. These recommended tips will help to prolong the longevity and beauty of the jewels!